Thursday, October 19, 2017

Xenorama #21 cover

Look at this amazing cover.  It's exactly what I wanted for this homage/tribute  to the most influential Famous Monsters issue in my life, #114.  It's got great new articles about all the great Japanese movies from the original zine, and many more!  Movies like the Majin trilogy, Destroy All Planets, you name it, it's probably in there.  It was fun to re-read the issue again, which I hadn't done in quite some time, as it's about to disintegrate.

I had actually pitched this idea to the gentlemen in charge of FM several years ago, as part of their annual Japanese issue.  It was to be an updated version of all the articles that were in the original issue in 1974, complete with new information and color pictures (where applicable).  They were enthusiastic about it, but life does happen and it never really panned out.  So I thought, "maybe I'll do it!"

And what better way to celebrate Xenorama's 25th year in print?  Godzilla was on the first cover of Xenorama, and has always been mentioned in the magazine.  So it was a natural thing to do.

I'm really pleased with the entire zine, and it really is the biggest issue ever.  So it's gonna cost more.  It's in the approval stage right now.  So get ready, it will be unleashed soon!

No comments: