Saturday, November 11, 2017

Thor Ragnarok (2017)

I quite enjoyed this movie.  I know a lot of Norse mythology, and that's because I read the comics first, and wanted to know more about the actual myths.  I know that Loki is father to Hela, Jormungandr (the Midgard serpent) and the Fenrir Wolf.  I figured out Stan, Jack and the rest had done some creative liberty with their versions, and that for once, didn't bother me.  I still loved both of the versions.  While I'm no expert on Norse Mythology, I do know what Odin's spear is called, he said humbly bragging...

So this movie rearranges things a bit, but that's OK.  It's really fun, suspenseful, funny and dramatic in all the proper places.  It also didn't feel overlong, which I  applaud (several of the Marvel movies need to be shorn of 20 minutes or so).  I'd go see this movie again, in the theater, it was that good.  I haven't seen a movie more than once since 2002's Spider-man.

I do wish that Sif and the Warriors Three were more prominent in the movie, and the Midgard Serpent is sadly missing, but that would have made the running time around 3 hours, and we can use them in the next movie.  Or better, Sif can show up on Agents of S,H.I.E.L.D. again.

The actors all did well, though I wish En Dwi Gast had been actually blue.  There are lots of questions that need answered, now.   But go enjoy the movie!

No comments: